Sunday, September 17, 2017

Routines in Place

Week 2 Sept 11-15 Routine in place

I think we are in a routine of sorts now.  We finished listening to chapter one Lord of the Flies.  You practiced some ways to gather evidence based on a prompt which will lead to a piece of writing to show your understanding of a theme.  You gathered evidence to show the leadership qualities of each Ralph, Piggy and Jack.  Your work entailed journal writes #3 and #4.  You will now use this evidence and other ideas from the text to write 3 paragraphs on Monday.  You will be turning this short composition in to help me assess your writing skills and needs.

For week three, we will need to cover chapters 2-3-4.  That means you will be reading a bit on your own.  I will have some questions for you to answer to guide your reading.  Please bring your outside reading books with you every day as well.  You will need to read at least 30 minutes a day to complete your book by Oct 14 and write me a letter convincing me to read your book.  Please don't tell me the ending!  Your letter assignment is detailed under Inter-Textual Connections in the left hand menu bar.